Monday, September 3, 2012

LABOR DAY

LABOR DAY .... suggested name change ...... SLOTH DAY

Labor?? What Labor?  Great day...yes sir.  Friends and family, how nice to have both.  I got lucky I really do love my family and the people who picked me for their friend are pretty terrific.  I really enjoy spending time with both.  Hope your day was filled with both family, friends and maybe a little good food...and none of that icky labor stuff.

Before the concert last night, I had dinner with Cord and Cole at Hop-Daddy.  Cord has been telling me for months that I should eat there, their speciality is hamburgers and to be truthful I am about hamburger-out.  It seems that when I was growing up or very young I could not get enough of them, I was still in  hamburger mode while the boys were young and we had a lot of them, now that I am old and can eat them whenever I want, they do not appeal to me, especially the fast food type, I too think "Where's the Beef".  However, Hop Daddy's does it right, run don't walk the next time you want a good burger, but be prepared for a wait.  You are welcome for the plug, but it is sincere.

Can you say great concert, thank you Lyle Lovett.  He put on a wonderful show at Austin City Limits. This was the first time I had been at the new venue and it is a fabulous addition to Austin, it was also the first time I have seen Lyle (we are on a first name basis) in person and he puts on a great show, I so enjoyed his Large Band, such talent.

I love this mix of country, jazz, blues and whatever else he throws in.  My foot tapped and my head rocked all night long. But I was a wee bit disappointed:

If Ford is to Chevy what Dodge is to Chrysler, what corn flakes are to Post-toasties
What the clear blue sky is to the deep blue sea, What Hank Williams is to Neal Armstrong...
Could you doubt that we were made for each other?

Look- I understand too little to late, I realize there are things you say and do you can never take back, but, what would you be if you never tried.  So after a lot of thought I would like to reconsider.......would you please make it a cheese-burger

(or at least a Hop Daddy)

Well at least I do have a reason to go see him again, other than he is worth seeing, but maybe just maybe he will sing my favorite song.

Labor- less day hope you had the same

jeannette




No comments:

Post a Comment