Saturday, September 8, 2012

PUBLIC INDECENCY


A Parents Finest Hour

You just have to love children they are so innocent.  Take tonight as an example.  I went to dinner with Cole, Tara and the kids.  We had our dinner on an outside patio and had finished our meal, we were enjoying winding down and the kids were making wishes putting pennies in the fountain and being as sweet as a 4 and 5 year old can be.  From our table we had a great view of the entire patio,  the sidewalk and stores that surround it.  Cole had gotten up to talk to someone and Tara and I were still at the table when I see a horrified look on Tara's face. Cross, my 5 year old grandson, had gone to the curb to relieve his self in the street, it was obvious that he had been holding it a   l o n g  time.  Okay folks what do you do?  You cannot make him stop in mid stream, you cannot scream at him for fear he will turn and hose down anyone near him, you have to let him finish........it took forever.

After he finished, Cole raced to him and almost scared another bodily function out of him by pulling up his pants at light speed.  Cole lead him back to our table so mom could explain to him the finer points of dinning in public and let him know that it was not his job to entertain the other patrons. While mom is doing this dad is apologizing to the other outside diners and passing shoppers.  I am just hoping I can keep from snorting my margarita out my nose.  Tara also takes this opportunity to tell dad that sharing a bathroom break with their son in the great outdoor of their backyard might not be such a good idea and to please put a stop to it......look what it has led to.  I wish her good luck with that.  I am surprised that we do not see this more often, as my experience has been that whenever there is fresh air......I was about to say green grass or trees abut I think only fresh air is a requirement, men are going to take advantage of it or at least take a leak in it.

 Cole and Tara do have a daughter, who loves her daddy and is very headstrong.......this could get really interesting.  Monkey see monkey do.

This got me to thinking about my boys when they were young, there was a lot of tinkle time Al fresco  in our yard and on the farm, but to my recollections no public bathroom breaks.

Maybe kids these days are just not as uptight as we were growing up.......I can't wait to take Cross to the ballet....this could be fun.  Granny can always blame it on their upbringing.

I did bring the kids home with me to spend the night, as I type they are both in my bed and I am heading to the guest room.  I sure hope my bed is dry in the morning.


Sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment