Monday, September 24, 2012

O M G

O M G

I am boxed. Ready to pick up my U-Haul tomorrow morning.  The movers will load me and I will be off to East Texas.  Jeannine has some local (read that Kent's friends) movers to unload my treasures and I will be living out of a suitcase for a few months.  Did I mention that I hate to box up my house.  I could not hire movers to do it as I had so many things to sort out.  I filled my trunk with papers that I had shredded, bank statements and such, a TRUNK LOAD for one little old lady!!!  I have given away all my shoes, clothes and hats, in addition all of the toys for the gbabies that I will no longer have room for, not that I had room for them in my present place but felt I needed them.  Now when the kids visit it will be outdoor fun and fishing, none of this stay in house stuff, I HOPE.

My office furniture was picked up for the Last Resort about 10 days ago and all of my computer stuff was unplugged.  I didn't try and re-connect as it all has to be packed so I have been free of computers and my land line.  I have only been accessible by cell phone or snail mail, and since I only check my mail boxes about once every three weeks I have been really hard to find, that is unless you went by my house where my head was in a box and my phone was "somewhere" under a pile of "something".  I finally just gave up trying to answer the damn thing and would catch up on calls after bath time.  I stripped my bed this morning so I could pack clean sheets so I will be sleeping in my club chair with my feet propped up on the ottoman, should be a really good nights sleep.  I think I counted about 10 pieces of furniture I have left, I am traveling light.  In reality I still have enough "stuff" to fill two cabins the size I am building, soooooo I guess I will have to sort thru all this again when I get ready to move in, maybe I will just put a match to it.

I got to keep my sister-in-law in the divorce seeing as she is one of my best friends and she has agreed to take me to Love Field after I finish moving my things into storage so I can fly back to  Austin.  My house does not close until the 3rd of October and I still have to have it cleaned and all of the utilities cut off and change my mail and move my banking. BUT......as soon as I get back to Austin I am having a manicure, toecure and a massage, I have earned it.

As I write I am at Cord and Anne's house babysitting Banks (almost 2 yrs).  He is real easy as he sleeps thru my entire sit.  I have taken control of Cords computer and I hate his keyboard.  It is shaped funny and falls of to the side and I feel as though I am typing at a snails speed, so with that in mind I will bid you all a farewell until after I get my things stored away.  Wish me luck with my  big U-Haul and pray for all of the other folks on the road.

On the road again.......jet

No comments:

Post a Comment